Guidelines for Using CareerLearningCenters Trademarks
CareerLearningCenters trademarks are valuable assets. Therefore, we require that all third parties using and/or referring to our trademarks do so in a manner which will minimize confusion among the public and refrain from implying a relationship with the CareerLearningCenters.
Fair Use of CareerLearningCenters Trademarks
“Fair use” of CareerLearningCenters trademarks, that is, use by a third party without express permission, is limited to text-only references such as product and service names, and excludes CareerLearningCenters logos. In such references, you must be truthful, must not disparage the CareerLearningCenters and/or any of its products and services, and must not mislead the public as to any affiliation with or endorsement by the CareerLearningCenters.
An example of proper fair use would be when you are specifically referring to a CareerLearningCenters service: “Students are eligible to register online for the SAT at age 13 or older.”
Use of a CareerLearningCenters trademark for commercial purposes without the prior written consent of the CareerLearningCenters may constitute trademark infringement and unfair competition in violation of federal and state laws.
Before using any CareerLearningCenters trademark, please review the following Guidelines and submit a sample of your proposed use of the mark(s) as described below to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please allow ample time for the CareerLearningCenters to review and respond to your request, which may take up to 6 weeks.
These Guidelines explain proper and improper uses of CareerLearningCenters trademarks and are applicable to the use of our marks in any medium, including, but not limited to: print, multimedia, and online materials.
The CareerLearningCenters reserves the right to deny any third party’s request if the third party’s use of the CareerLearningCenters mark may lead consumers to believe that the CareerLearningCenters is the source of the product or service.
The CareerLearningCenters strictly limits the use of its logos, but might make an exception under special circumstances.
Third Parties Must Not:
- Use the CareerLearningCenters logo, or any other CareerLearningCenters logo or graphic in connection with products, services, publications, web sites, seminars or conferences, packaging, advertising or promotional materials without an express written logo license from the CareerLearningCenters.
- Use CareerLearningCenters logos on their web site in association with a link to a CareerLearningCenters web page. Links to CareerLearningCenters web pages may be included on a third party web site provided they are included as plain text links and are not used in any way that could confuse or mislead customers.
Improper Use of CareerLearningCenters Trademarks
- Possessive or Plural Form. Do not use CareerLearningCenters trademarks in the possessive or plural form (See Adjectives under “Proper Use”).
- Combined Marks. Do not combine CareerLearningCenters trademarks with any other trademark or design.
- Company, Product, Service and Domain Names. Do not use or register, in whole or in part, any CareerLearningCenters trademarks, logos, or alteration thereof, as part of company names, company taglines or slogans, social media pages, Internet domain names, web site addresses, or metatags.
- Appearance. Do not over-emphasize the CareerLearningCenters mark or use it more prominently than your product name/service. The CareerLearningCenters mark must be different and/or smaller in font, size, and color in comparison to the product/service name in order to maintain a visual distinction between the two.
- Variations or Abbreviations. Do not remove, alter, or distort any element of a CareerLearningCenters trademark or brand feature, including abbreviation of CareerLearningCenters marks, in any way.
- Implied Affiliation. Do not use any CareerLearningCenters trademark, logo or symbol, or any potentially confusing variation thereof, in any manner that expresses or implies affiliation with, sponsorship, endorsement, or certification by, the CareerLearningCenters; nor may Third Parties use any CareerLearningCenters trademark in such a way that implies a legal association or partnership between the CareerLearningCenters and their company.
- Slogans and Taglines. Do not use or imitate any CareerLearningCenters slogan or tagline.
Proper Use of CareerLearningCenters Trademarks
- Adjectives. You must use CareerLearningCenters trademarks as adjectives. The purpose of a trademark is to identify the owner of a product or service; therefore a trademark should be used as an adjective to modify a noun. The noun is the generic name of the product or service. As adjectives, trademarks may not be used in the plural or possessive form.
You must make the footnote clearly visible (i.e., appropriate type size, color, and placement) on all covers, packaging, advertisements, websites, and in other media as follows:
- For print publications: the footnote/disclaimer should appear on the front cover, the back cover, and on the copyright page.
- On packaging, labels, advertisements, and promotional material: the footnote/disclaimer must appear on the same surface as the CareerLearningCenters mark.
- For web sites: the footnote/disclaimer must appear on the web site home page and on all internal web pages that include CareerLearningCenters marks. The appropriate footnote/disclaimer must be placed at the bottom of each respective page. NOTE: Merely including attribution to the CareerLearningCenters for its trademark ownership and/or including the endorsement disclaimer in “Terms and Conditions” or “Legal Notice” sections of a web site does NOT satisfy these Guidelines.
Submission of Samples
Before using any CareerLearningCenters trademarks, third parties must submit samples of the proposed use to the CareerLearningCenters for review. Send samples to email@example.com. Please allow 4-6 weeks for processing.
- For print materials: submit copies of the cover, spine, title page, and/or page of first prominent use.
- For Internet uses: submit copies of the web site home page and web page where the CareerLearningCenters mark(s) is/are first prominently featured.
- For CD, DVD, video, or other products: submit copies of labels, packaging, and advertisements.